Sunday 3 April 2016

Reasoning Quiz - 29 | Bank Exams




Directions(1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below

There are seven persons C, D, E, G. H and I sitting in a row facing north. Each of them has a different profession, viz Executive, Clerk, Professor, Officer, Director, Editor and CA, but not necessarily in the same order.
G is not an editor but sits after the person who immediately follows H. D is a professor. The one who is an executive sits second from the right end. The Clerk sits on the immediate left of the Editor. C sits on the immediate right of I and on the immediate left of E. H is fifth from the left end of the row and he is a CA. The Director is third from the left end.

1. Who among the following is an Executive?
a) F
b) G
c) H
d) C
e) None of these.

2.Who among the following sits on the extreme left end of the row?
a) The one who is an Editor
b) The one who is a CA
c) The one who is a clerk
d) The one who is an Officer
e) None of these

3.The person sitting on the immediate left of G is
a) H the CA
b) F the Executive
c) I the Clerk
d) Can't be determined
e) None of these

4.Which of the following combinations is true?
a) I - Editor
b) F - Clerk
c) E - Clerk
d) G - Officer
e) None of these

5.If Editor and CA interchange their positions then who among the following will be second to the right of he Director?
a) H
b) D
c) C
d) F
e) None of these

Directions(5-10): In each questions below are given two or more statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.
Give answer
    1. if only conclusion I follows
    2. if only conclusion II follows
    3. if either conclusion I or II follows
    4. if neither conclusion I or II follows
    5. if both conclusion I and II follow
(6 - 7)Statements:
All triangles are squares
No square is a rectangle
Some circles are rectangles.

6. Conclusions: I: At least some circles are not squares.
                          II: No rectangle is a square.

7. Conclusions: I : No triangle is a rectangle
                         II : Some rectangles are not circles

(8 - 9)Statements:
All bottles are cups
Some plates are cups
No plate is a spoon.

8.Conclusions: I: All spoons are not plates.
                        II: All bottles being plates is a possibility.

9.Conclusions: I: At least some spoons are not cups
                        II: All cups being plates is a possibility.

10.Statements:
No cover is a net
No net is a jar
Some taps are jars

Conclusions: I: Some covers are not jars
                     II: At least some taps are not nets.

Answers

(1 - 5)
Arrangement from left to right
                   
                              I   C   E   D   H   F   G

I - Clerk
C - Editor
E - Director
D - Professor
H - CA
F - Executive
G - Officer.

1.(1)
2.(3)
3.(2)
4.(4)
5.(3)
6.(5)
7.(1)
8.(5)
9.(2)
10.(2)





No comments:

Post a Comment