Tuesday 9 February 2016

REASONING QUIZ - 12

                                               Reasoning  Quiz For AAO | Bank Exams


Directions (Q.1 - 5): In each of the following questions, a statement or two are followed by two conclusions. Give answer (a) if conclusion I follows; (b) if conclusion II follows; (c) if either I or II follows; and (d) if neither I nor II follows; and (e) if both I and II follow.

1. Statement: In deserts, camels are indispensable for people to travel from one place to another.
Conclusions:
I. Camels are the only cheapest mode of transport available in deserts.
II. There are plenty of camels in deserts.
2. Statement: Smoking is one of those human weakness which tends to test the will power of the smoker to the edge.
Conclusions:
I. It is very difficult for the smokers to give up smoking even if they want to do so.
II. Human beings have other weakness as well.

3. Statement: Old order changes the yielding place to new.
Conclusions:
I. Change is the law of nature.
II. Discard old ideas because they are old.

4. Statement:
I. The TV programmes telecast specially for women, are packed with a variety of recipes and household above.
II. A major portion of magazines for women also contains the items mentioned above.
Conclusions: 
I. Women are perhaps not interested in other things.
II. An average women's primary interest lies in home and specially in the kitchen.

5. Statement: I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Conclusions:
I. The writer's knowledge is very poor.
II. The world of knowledge is too vast to be explored by a single person.

Directions (Q.6 - 10): In each of the following questions, a given statement is followed by few assumptions (An assumption is something assumed or taken for granted). Read the statement carefully and decide which of the assumptions are implicit in the statement.

6. Statement: "If he proves a single charge against me, I vow that I will quit politics forever." A politician in a speech.
Assumptions: 
I. The charges levelled against the politician are false.
II. The charges levelled against the politician are beyond proof even if true
III. The politician is fed of politics.
a) Only I is implicit
b) only II is implicit
c) Only III is implicit
d) I and III are implicit
e) None of these

7. Statement: "To err is human. Every man makes mistakes. But to learn from those mistakes is what makes great men. And this is way there are few of great men around us." - A philosopher in his speech.
Assumptions:
I. Mistakes do not make significance issues.
II. There are very few persons who lean from mistakes.
III. If a man learns from mistakes, he is a great man.
a) Only I is implicit
b) only II is implicit
c) Only III is implicit
d) I and II are implicit
e) None of these

8. Statement: " You cannot solve such questions without consulting a diagram. Difficult questions need diagrams for solving." - A teacher tells his students.
Assumptions:
I. The students are not intelligent.
II. The problem cannot be solved.
III. Such questions are difficult.
a) I and II are implicit
b) Only II is implicit
c) Only III is implicit
d) None is implicit
e) None of these

9. Statement: " Why should we not protest? When we ask fir drinking water they are giving us Pepsi and Coca-Cola" - A politician in an interview.
Assumptions:
I. Only drinking water is good for people's health.
II. Providing people drinking water is more important than providing Pepsi and Coca-Cola.
III. Pepsi and Coca-Cola do not contain healthy drinking water.
a) Only I is implicit
b) Only II is implicit
c) I and II are implicit
d) Either II or III is implicit
e) None of these

10. Statement: "Hungry stomach do not understand high values and economic ethics. They will vote a man who gives them rice-" A political analyst on why a particular party won the election.
Assumptions:
I. A lot of people are hungry.
II. Rice was not available previously.
III. Rice was available only in limited quantity.
a) Only I is implicit
b) I and II are implicit
c) I and III are implicit
d) All are implicit
e) None of these

Answers: D - E - A - B - B
               A - C - D - B - B

No comments:

Post a Comment