Friday 15 April 2016

Reasoning Quiz - 38 | SBI PO | IBPS PO


Directions (Q.1 - 5): In each question below are given three statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.


1. Statements:  a. All trolleys are pulleys.
                         b. Some pulleys are chains.
                         c. All chains are bells.

Conclusions:    I. Some bells are trolleys.
                         II. No bell is trolley.
                        III. Some trolleys are bells.
                        IV. All chains are pulleys.

a) None follows
b) Only either I or II follows
c) Only III and IV follow
d) Only neither I or II and III follow
e) None of these

2. Statements:  a. Some newspapers are radios.
                         b. Some radios are televisions.
                         c. No televisions is a magazine.

Conclusions :   I. No newspapers is a magazine.
                         II. No radio is a magazine.
                        III. Some radio are not magazines.
                        IV. Some newspapers are televisions.

a) None follows
b) Only I and II follow
c) Only either I or II follows
d) Only III follows
e) None of these

3. Statements:  a. Some doors are windows.
                         b. All windows are black.
                         c. Some black are brown.

Conclusions:  I. Some windows are brown.
                       II. All doors are black.
                      III. Some doors are black.
                      IV. No window is brown.

a) Only II follows
b) Only III follows
c) Only IV follows
d) Only either I or IV and III follow
e) None of these 

4. Statements:  a. Some birds are insects.
                         b. All birds are butterflies.
                         c. All insects are snacks.

Conclusions:  I. Some snacks are birds.
                       II. Some butterflies are insects.
                      III. Some snacks are butterflies.
                      IV. Some insects are birds.

a) None follows
b) Only either I or III follows
c) All follow
d) Only IV follows
e) None of these

5. Statements:  a. Some books are papers.
                         b. Some papers are cars.
                         c. No car is white.

Conclusions:  I. Some papers are not white.
                       II. No papers are white.
                      III. Some papers are white.
                      IV. Some books are white.

a) Only I follows
b) Only I and IV follow
c) Only I, III and IV follow
d) Only either II or III follows
e) None of these

Directions (Q.6 - 10): In the following questions, the symbols !, @, #, $ and * are used with the following meanings:

P ! Q means P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q.
P @ Q means P is not smaller than Q.
P # Q means P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q.
P $ Q means P is neither greater than nor equal to Q.
P * Q means P is not greater than Q.

Now in each of the following questions, assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. 

Give answer

a) if only conclusions I is true.
b) if only conclusion II is true.
c) if either conclusion I or II true.
d) if neither conclusion I nor II true.
e) if both I and II are true.

6. Statements: P ! Q,  M * K,  T * K

Conclusions:  I. T ! M
                       II. T # M

7. Statements: S $ M,  M ! L,  L @ Z

Conclusions:  I. S # Z
                       II. S ! Z

8. Statements: D ! F,  F # S,  S * M

Conclusions:  I. F ! M
                       II. F @ M

9. Statements: J # V,  V $ N,  R * J

Conclusions:  I. N ! R
                       II. J @ N

10. Statements: L @ U,  C $ L,  C ! B

Conclusions:  I. C @ U
                       II. C * U


Answers:

1. (d)
2. (d)
3. (d)
4. (c)
5. (e)
6. (d)
7. (d)
8. (d)
9. (a)
10. (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment