Wednesday 9 March 2016

REASONING QUIZ - 18


Directions (Q.1 - 6): In each of the questions below are given four statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II, and III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

1. Statements:
All coins are glasses.
Some glasses are cups.
Some cups are boxes.
All boxes are pins.

Conclusions:
I. Some coins are cups.
II. Some pins are glasses.
III. Some cups are pins .

a) None follows                        
b) Only III follows                            
c) Only I follows
d) Only II and III follows       
e) None of these

2. Statements:
Some pens are pencils.
All pencils are caps.
All caps are buses.
Some buses are trains.

Conclusions:
I. Some trains are caps.
II. Some pens are buses.
III. Some pencils are trains.

a) Only I follows                   
b) Only II follows                             
c) Only I and III follows
d) None follows                    
e) All I, II and III follows

3. statements:
All shirts are skirts.
All skirts are banks.
All banks are roads.
All roads are brushes.

Conclusions :
I. All banks are skirts.
II. All roads are banks.
III. Some brushes are shirts.

a) Only I follows                           
b) Only I and III follows                 
c) Only III follows
d) All I, II and III follows           
e) None follows

4. Statements:
Some fishes are plates.
Some plates are spoons.
Some spoons are plants.
All plants are crows.

Conclusions:
I. Some plates are crows.
II. Some crows are spoons.
III. Some plants are spoons.

a) Only I follows                              
b) Only II and III follows                 
c) None follows
d) Only I and II follows              
e) Either I or III follows

5. Statements:
Some eggs are hens.
Some hens are ducks.
All ducks are pigeons.
All pigeons are sparrows.

Conclusions:
I. All ducks are sparrows.
II. No egg is duck.
III. Some sparrows are hens .

a) Only I follows                             
b) Only I and II follows                        
c) only III follows
d) only I and III follows                
e) All I, II and III follows

6. Statements:
No man is tiger.
No tiger is cat.
Some cats are lions.
Some lions are men.

Conclusions:
I. Some tigers are cats.
II. Some cats are men.
III. Some lions are men.

a) None follows                     
b) Only III follows                       
c) only I and II follows
d) Only I follows                   
e) only II and III follows

Directions (Q.7 - 10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions below.

Six apartments A, B, C, D, E and F of a colony X have different number of floors 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. They are situated in such a way that apartment D is 20 m north of A which have 6 floors. Apartment C which has 7 floors is South-east of apartment A and South-west of apartment F and the distance between C, A and C, F is in the ratio of 3 : 4. Apartment F is 60 m East of apartment A but does not have either of the floors 4 or 9. Apartment B has 8 floors and situated between apartment A & F. Apartment E is between apartment D & A but does not have less floors than apartment A.

7. How many floors does Apartment E have?
a) 4 
b) 8 
c) 5 
d) 9 
e) None of these

8. How far is Apartment C from apartment F?
a) 30 m 
b) 48 m 
c) 36 m 
d) Can’t determined 
e) None of these

9. If apartment B is 36 m south-east of apartment E then what will be the distance between apartment A & B?
a) 24 
b) 10 
c) 12 
d) Can’t determined
e) Either 10 or 24

10. which combination of apartment and number of floor is not right?
a) D/4 
b) F/5 
c) E/9 
d) A/6 
e) None of these

Answers-
1. (c) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (d) 5. (d) 6. (a)
7. (d)8.(c)9.(c)10.(e)

No comments:

Post a Comment